The media machine just can't get enough of the dueling fabulosity of Jolie and Depp in The Tourist. (What was it like basking in each other's glow? Will they out-charisma each other?) Of course we all know about the impressive extracurriculars of St. Angelina, but Depp has a few of his own. Most people are aware that he came to acting to make some cash to support his guitar habit, but what I find impressive is his artwork. As he told Vanity Fair in 2009, "What I love to do is paint people's faces, y'know, their eyes. Because you want to find that emotion, see what's going on behind their eyes."
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Curio: Paintings of a Tourist
The media machine just can't get enough of the dueling fabulosity of Jolie and Depp in The Tourist. (What was it like basking in each other's glow? Will they out-charisma each other?) Of course we all know about the impressive extracurriculars of St. Angelina, but Depp has a few of his own. Most people are aware that he came to acting to make some cash to support his guitar habit, but what I find impressive is his artwork. As he told Vanity Fair in 2009, "What I love to do is paint people's faces, y'know, their eyes. Because you want to find that emotion, see what's going on behind their eyes."
Popular Posts
-
The latest issue of French Premiere has hit the newsstands 'cross the Ocean. It's a big Harry Potter issue with new photos and suc...
-
If you've come here by way of an old link or a google search result and you're looking for news about the Oscar season, you'll w...
-
We've arrived at the last quarter of the year. How odd. Just yesterday, I was traipsing through the snow at Sundance. In case you missed...
-
"Best Pictures From the Outside In" is back. But, oh fiddle, because the series is so infrequent we have to keep explaining it. I...
-
In her music video "Uh Huh" Juliette Lewis sashays around with a bouquet of colorful balloons, smiling radiantly. Her mood seems l...
-
Craig here with Take Three . Today: Kim Basinger Bay•sing•er I think it’s time again to give Kim Basinger (remember, it's Bay -singer...
-
Happy 62nd birthday to Olivia Newton-John . Rather than celebrate with the usual Xanadu (1980) fixation or the more universally beloved Gre...
-
The New York premiere of Black Swan was held last night at the Ziegfeld which is the theater for premiere's here in Manhattan. I have ...






0 comments:
Post a Comment